Both Post-Master’s years are supervised by a lecturer appointed from the University of Amsterdam training programme. A second supervisor is appointed at the internship host venues. Several interim-assessments take place over the two years in order to support and supervise the trainee and keep control of the quality of the work produced. The following educational components are assessed:
- In the first year the trainee begins to compile a portfolio that reflects the research and conservation work performed as well as his/her learning development;
- Three months before the end of the first Post-Master’s year the work evaluations are assessed with regard to granting entry to the second year;
- A Post-Master dossier is set-up, compiled from assessments and the monthly reports made by the trainee during the first and the second year;
- After each work placement the trainee and the host venue supervisor report and evaluate the internship together. This report is considered together with the appointed UvA supervisor;
- All treatment reports and documentation produced in both years;
- Further assessments are related to the treatment and documentation of a chosen object of cultural heritage with a complex conservation problem and the writing of an article dealing with a specific research issue.